Invite her on a journey to rediscover her inner child. Make plans for an upcoming Saturday or make sure you have booked a day off work for her with her boss as guaranteed this will be her first line of defense in turning you down. Remind her of those carefree days of running around in the park with her friends, swinging on swing sets, making snow cones and catching fireflies at dusk? Remind her of the time when her biggest worry was which flavor of ice cream to choose? Whilst it might seem immature, just work with me. Call her up and invite her on a “play date”. If she starts to question you, you can offer a slight hint but the intention is create an air of mystery and fun. Then you need to start working on the type of activities you will take part in. You could consider some of the following activities:
- Watch a kiddies movie, (lighthearted, animation, fantasy land)
- Draw pictures and create Collages – create your own visionary boards for romance and this can give you clues as to what she needs from you.
- Write stories and then finish each other’s stories… Once upon a time… and you’d be surprised at what comes out plus it can give you a clue as to her state of mind.
- Make up a game or participate in your favorite game from childhood
- Go to the park, go camping, visit the zoo, hang out with your own, hers, your siblings, friends, kids. Offer to baby sit the kids for a day because often just being around kids can make finding your own inner child a lot easier. Children have a fresh look on things, and sometimes when we get in bad moods it is because we are so jaded with the world around us. Experiencing life through the eyes of a child can really do wonders for naturally rediscovering a good mood.
- If possible, take a trip to Disneyland or some theme park.
- Blindfold one another, spin one another around and then see how you fall and feel all dizzy. Try feeding each other blindfolded. This can soon lead to something more romantic and intimate.
- Buy some play dough and make shapes.
- Play 20 questions, pull out some old board games, Scrabble, Monopoly, an old deck of cards.
- Build a tent in the living room out of sheets, pillows and whatever else you can lay your hands on.
- Ride your bikes, or borrow some other kids bikes and if this is too immature for you, go for more mature bikes and hire a Harley Davidson for an hour or two (assuming you have your license and all protective gear) and go riding off in the sunset with the wind in your hair.
The intention with a “play date” with your ex is to just let all the angst go and live and let live. Enjoy the moment and your youth, no matter what age you are. I know of couples who still dine out on the ‘mischievous practical jokes’ they got up to when they experienced with the “play date” idea. After all, what have you got to lose? Your dignity? Since when do children worry about dignity?
Oprah Love Expert Michael Webb is the founder of “Getting Her Back… for Good” and has taught 1000s of men all over the world how to recover their lost love. He details his steps and valuable advice at Getting Her Back.